Wednesday, February 24, 2021

40 days of hope, you guys....



 









Today is 40 days from Easter Sunday.

I counted it out on my calendar just to be sure.

As far as I can tell, the 40 days up until Christmas get a whole lot of buildup.

I was thinking I need a little more buildup for Easter this year.

I need a buildup of hope. 

Reminders that God is on the move. And He is in control.

Jesus, take the wheel.

And in the midst of another pretty weird and stressful beginning of a year,

I need to be reminded that Jesus isn't surprised. He isn't scared. He has seen weird before.

What He is...is engaged. 

With love and power and glory and mercy for you and for me.

Tim Keller (he's my favorite) says that we need to speak to our own hearts.

Like the Psalmist did.

"Why am I downcast, oh my soul. Put your hope in God!" 

My version of speaking to my heart would sound something like this...

"Buck up, sister. Jesus is on your side. He is what hope is all about."

So for the next 40 days, until Easter, I am going to speak to my own heart.

Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope. Hope. In the One Who loves us most of all.

Why don't you join me?


1 comment:

Betty said...

Easter Sunday is my favorite day of the year! Building hope toward that beautiful, life-changing, world-altering, soul-transforming, glorious day!