Wednesday, April 18, 2007

supergirl underwear says it all

A couple of years ago, my friend, Melissa, gave me a pair of supergirl underwear as a gag gift...she thought it was funny....
I, on the other hand, will never turn down a good pair of panties. Who doesn't love new underwear? So I wore them.
One morning I was changing and Jack, who was 4 at the time, walked in on me.
He looked at me for a second and said,
"Mom, your secret identity has been revealed!"
Jack knew. He knew that I would love to be supergirl.
To be more than...
To be unique...
To be excellent in some way....
Able to leap tall laundry in a single bound....
Able to wipe out the forces of evil and keep my house clean...
Able to become the person God created me to be compared to the person I actually am....
Having the guts to chase down my dreams and pursue my destiny while looking hot in a red, white and blue unitard ....
By the way, who looks good in a unitard anyway? Especially, paired with boots...someone has NOT been watching "what not to wear"
but I digress....
so I am a tired supergirl, not quite there yet but believing someday with God's hand on me, with the love and encouragement of my fellow supergirls and some good chocolate...I will get there.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, I always knew you had plenty of words to discribe life in a unique vocabulary, designed to make all of us feel like we would love to know you :). I do know you, and am so glad the hard work of writing is going to pay off. Love, Aunt Mary

susanna said...

Aunt Mary, You are the best! Thanks for always encouraging me! love, Sue

Jekissa said...

Sue- I'm so glad Erica sent out the link to your blog! I love all your writing, it makes me laugh, and I totally relate!! Keep on going through the crazy tiredness. :) Love, Jess

susanna said...

thanks, Jess! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)we can all be crazy together! love, Sue

Kara said...

Suzie-Q! Your writing is hilarious and I would buy anything you wrote in a heartbeat! You have a true gift of expressing the craziness of life and motherhood in such a "sue-funny" way! I love you to pieces! Kara

kim0943 said...

Sue- I get why my sister likes you so much!!! I, too, would buy anything you wrote!
Kara's sister,
Kim

Walls Down Church Kids said...

I am loving your writing! The supergirl underwear story has me laughing hysterically. I will definitely bookmark ya--some great stuff!!

deezmath said...

Souix!! Can't believe that Dances w/ Wolves isn't listed as one of your favorite movies! I swear I can't hear the soundtrack or watch the movie (the gazillion times they play it on TBS) w/out thinking of you and how you changed the spelling of your name for a while in honor of Wind in His Hair...your soulmate! Ha! So glad Rhonda sent me the link to your blog! I was rotflmb(ooty)off!! Especially, since, as I was reading how "quiet" your boys were while tearing up your closet, my precious girl was unrolling TWO brand-new rolls of toilet paper all over the bathroom! lol! the joys of mommy-hood.

Keep in touch! I have a new myspace page...www.myspace.com/deezmath

Take care & God bless,
Diza

Zaankali said...

Cracking up over how you selected your name. I got a pair of supergirl underware as a gag gift also a couple Christmasas ago!!!! I just couldn't let a perfectly good pair of undies go to waste (the dutch girl in me) so my family sees me sporting my supergirl undies every now and then when I need a little boost. LOL! Of course they always get a good chuckle out of it.
Smiles!

BTW- I found you through BooMama

Wani said...

I love this! I think we'd all like to be supergirl sometimes... I wish we realized that in alot of ways we are already supergirl (from time to time) to our husbands, kids, family and friends. Thanks for sharing!

aunt mary said...

If chocolate's a sin, I'm doomed. Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Just bought your book - All I need is Jesus and a good pair of jeans - BRILLIANT!!!! oh wow - love how you write...it's like you're inside my brain! So glad I've 'met' you!
Love Nichola xx

Carrie said...

I was just introduced to your blog and WONDERFUL books from a friend. Thank you for sharing your stories, thoughts and struggles with us. Love the Red Letter Words, my favorite is Shine Your Light and Let the Whole World See. Carrie

Ito Aghayere said...

Thank you for writing this! This morning at 6:30a, as I was (not) working to meet my deadline for a paper, I became a fan of your blog. Thank you thank you thank you! Your April 5th post brought me to tears. Thank God for unconditional love, his remarkable grace and for the undeniable fact that our loving father isn't done with us yet!

Love,
Ito from New York City

Life Living Streams said...

Haha! Funny. I always wondered how you got that name. Love it!!!!! I cant wait to see what more God has in store for you and your family. You inspire me and you are trully a supergirl in my eyes. :)