Friday, December 11, 2009

i feel much older this morning

This morning, Addison, brought the X Men movie to the breakfast table.
He wanted to watch it.
I told him,
"Addie, that is a big kids movie. You'll have to wait to watch that one."
I'm thinking Thomas the train is more his speed.
Jack piped up,"How old do you have to be to watch it, Mom? A teenager?"
I said, "Yes, I think a teenager could watch this movie."
"Good," he said, "Only 4 years left to go."
That sat me right down in my chair. And I refrained from sending him to his
room just for telling me that his teen years are right around the corner.
But I am pretty sure a large clump of my hair right on the bang line
went gray at breakfast this morning.
Sweet Jesus, help me now.


post signature

7 comments:

pcb said...

My kids have just had birthdays and are now 27 and 30. Can I please reassure you that I adored them during their teenage years? Give me teens over toddlers any day. Sure, they can be kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at times, but they are trying to figure out who they are...and it's a fascinating process to observe. Also? They are amazing adults, too.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the laugh! My boys are 19 (as of today) and 15, so I'm sure I'm beating you in the gray hair department because I'm on my second time around going through the learn to drive stage. See what you have to look forward to?

Andrea said...

GOD BLESS YOU! Those teen years will turn the rest of your hair gray. I know first hand...I have raised 4 out of 5 successfully or somewhat successfully (hahaha) to adulthood. I am using A LOT of hair dye now!

Blessings, andrea

Kara said...

Well, atleast you don't LOOK any older. :-) Love you!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Did he at least hand you a cup of coffee as he said that? Because that calls for one. Maybe spiked with a little something-something, if you know what I mean.

Vanessa Renee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Renee said...

Your children keep you young until they start growing up. Then when they are grown (like mine 21 and 18), you begin to feel young again. Enjoy every day, stage and memory. Cute post.