I woke up this morning thinking of a million things that
need to be done before we go see my family in Colorado this week.
Okay. Not a million.
But at least 11.
I was anxious and frustrated before my feet even hit the floor.
I have had the thought that it might be nice let myself off the hook
You know, let go of the things that really don't matter in the least
so that I can actually enjoy the good life that I have.
So here is a list of 7 things I will NOT be doing in the new year.
1. No Christmas cards this year (I know that Christmas was yesterday...
but I was still ramping up in my mind thinking that maybe this could still
happen - some sort of New Years-ish espistle. Nope. Not this year.
2. I won't sew all the decorative buttons back on our duvet that I
have collected faithfully as they continue to fall off.
It looks fine without them.
3. I won't ask my kids to clean their rooms every day.
My spleen has felt like it will burst from the stress of this endeavor.
Once a week is good enough.
4. I won't be matching socks any time soon. They do just fine in the sock basket.
Besides sorting is a good cognitive exercise for the children.
5. I won't compare myself to the people I love and admire.
I will simply love and admire them. This is better for all involved.
6. I won't be afraid of making myself look silly. I'm pretty good at it.
I should try and enjoy it. Others do.
7, I won't worry about the dark spots that are showing up on my face.
I will be referring to them as freckles from here on out.
Unresolutions are so much easier to accomplish.
I feel better already.