Friday, July 29, 2016

all the love





















The other night Addison and I were snuggling on the couch watching TV.
This is becoming difficult since he is ten years old and already 5 feet tall.
I am snuggling a small adult.
He still lets me kiss him every once in a while, even though he is so big.
With his arm wrapped around my neck, I looked at him and said,
"Addie, how much do you love me?"
He looked at me and said, "A lot."
And I said, "How much is a lot?"
He said, "You and Dad are under God."
"Then comes Flash. Then my brothers. Then my friends."
Then he turned back to watch the show.
It is a good thing to be loved more than the dog.
That is high praise. I have seen how much affection Addison lavishes on Flash.
I just kept on snuggling.
I will take all the love I can get.


No comments: