I could end this post right there and it would be enough, wouldn't it?
Do we not love Friday?
It is maybe my most favorite day of the week....
the weekend stretches out before me and the work of the past week is at
my back and there is always the illusion that at some point I may get
to sleep in. I'm not saying I do get to sleep in but it's fun to pretend.
I thought I throw out a supergirl update your way since
you have all been so supportive in this writing/mothering/living journey of mine.
So I thought I would share a few things that have been going on this journey....
So here we go:
1. All I Need is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans is in its second printing. Yippee! If you want to host a book club or church Bible study with the All I Need is Jesus study kit (check sidebar) e-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Addison is potty trained....let's have a moment of silence in honor of the fact that we only use diapers at night now. Let me wipe a tear away from my eye.
3. I spoke in public 5 times, soon to be 6 in the last month, without fully dehydrating or fainting. God is doing a mighty work.
4. My Bangs Look Good and Other Lies I Tell Myself: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Truth, due out March 2010, is done and off to editing. Another moment of silence. Another tear wiped from the eye.
5. I am subbing at Addison's pre-school. I had forgotten how many questions could be asked in a 2 minute period by 12 people under the age of 5. Let's say a quick prayer together for wisdom and the ability to remember children's names.
6. The Tired Supergirl Website is up and running. Check it out - come back here and give me your feedback in the comments, please, for a All I Need is Jesus Giveaway to give to your mom, or your favorite high school graduate or yourself- winner picked on Friday, May 22.
7. Only 3 more weeks of school for Jack and Will. Can I get a Hallelujah?
8. Only 3 more weeks of school for Jack and Will. Can I get a prayer team going so I will know what to do with them once they are home?
9. My parents will be here in 3 weeks. I love my parents. I love summer. I love my parents coming to see me in summer.
10. I have yet to get my tomatoes in. Am I too late? Have I missed the tomato window? Any gardeners out there? Help a girl, out.
11. It's Friday. Did I mention that? Let's all breathe deeply in and out and thank the Good Lord for Friday.