Thursday, March 24, 2011

birthday baking

This week both Addison and Jack have birthdays.
Tomorrow is both of their class parties.
Which means tonight I am baking cupcakes and scones.
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting for Addie and
Chocolate chip scones for Jack.
You can see there is a chocolate theme here.
Someone has raised these boys right that's all I have to say.
But I thought you might need the recipe for the chocolate sour cream
frosting for the cupcakes.
Because it is so right it is almost wrong.
And if all else fails and the cupcakes don't rise,
there is nothing wrong with going to town with a spoon.
Not that I have...okay, I have.

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 C butter
1/2 C sour cream
2 1/2 C powdered sugar

Melt chocolate and butter in sauce pan over low heat stirring frequently.
When melted, remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in sour cream.
Mix in powdered sugar until smooth. (I use a whisk.)
And enjoy!
With cupcakes
Or strawberries
or bananas
or apples
or crepes
or animal crackers...
or you know....a spoon.

No comments: