Monday, March 21, 2011

interesting dinner conversation

Jack has started memorizing Greek gods
since reading the Percy Jackson book series.
He has memorized 51 so far...just for fun.
Tonight he came to me in the kitchen as I was cooking dinner and said,
"Mom,do you know who the most painful Greek god is ?"
And I said, "No. Who?"
He said, "Ilithyia, goddess of childbirth," with a smirk on his face.
(He is all knowing in these things since he is almost 10 now.)
I told him, "They have drugs that can help with that now, Jack.
When the doctor gave me mine,
I told Dad if I wasn't married to him already,
I would have married that guy."
Jack and I laughed.
But Will who was listening in on the conversation looked concerned.
"Mom, who would you marry?"
I looked into Will's worried eyes and said, "Will, I was just kidding.
There is no one else on earth that I would want to be married to.
Your dad is my most favorite person in the world!"
Will paused and then questioned me, "Even though he's inappropriate?"
(I often feel Scott enjoys the boys gross conversations more than they do!)
Without batting an eye I said, "Yes. Even though he's inappropriate."
Will smiled and relaxed.
Once again, all was right with the world.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love that! It's amazing the way kids need Mom and Dad to love each other. Until it starts to be "gross"!

Kara said...

I am laughing my head off right now! I can picture this whole conversation and I am smiling at how similar we are. Ha! So glad I got to chat with you - even for a short time - yesterday. Can we try to do it more often than every 2 years though? Ser-i-ous-ly. :-)