Monday, April 23, 2012

meet bob and audrey

Every once and a while you meet someone who is a kindred spirit.
You say "hello" and immediately you are laughing, drinking tea together
and feeling like you have known them for years.
That is what it was like when I flew up to Winnipeg
to be on the New Day show,
hosted by Bob and Audrey Meisner.
I went up to be interviewed about my new book, I Blame Eve.
If you have read my blog for very long,
you will know two things about me:
1. I spend most of my time battling laundry (not in tv studios) and
2. I sweat a lot in public.
Bob and Audrey put my right at ease, laughing with me, making me feel
completely comfortable, sharing their own amazing story
with me of how God's grace has transformed their lives and ministry
in a time of personal crisis.
Their realness and hospitality was a breath of fresh air.
Before I knew it I was pouring my guts out to them
and not even sweating that much.
(The Lord is Good! Can I get an amen?)
We bonded over our days in YWAM in Hawaii,
over church planting and talking about Eve.
Kim, their guest co-ordinator told me,
 "If you happen to bring up nakedness,
(which can happen talking about Adam and Eve in their original state)
you should know, Audrey WILL go there."
You should, know this brought me great comfort.
Anyone who is ready to laugh about nakedness
is someone I am down with.
(I think this comes from being a mom of 3 boys....)
All that saying,
I had the great privilege to get out of doing laundry for a couple of days,
and hang out with some of the most authentic and real
hope giving Christ followers that I have met.
It was a blast and the best part is that we got to chat about
how Jesus met us all  in the mess of our lives
with his forgiveness and mercy and grace.
And it just doesn't get any better than that!
(and now back to my laundry....)



WARNING: If you check out their "Fight for Your Family" series
you will be sucked in, challenged and inspired to do a karate chop
or two on your own family's behalf...it is a given....
Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: