Monday, October 7, 2013

now that is something I have never heard before

Yesterday when we got to church to help set up for children's church,
we realized had left a bin full of items that we needed back home.
So I got Will and Addie back in the car and headed back home.
The following conversation ensued:

Will: Mom, you shouldn't have made me go back home with you.
Aunt Jenny, wants me to be the main actor in her skit for kid's church.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry! Were you supposed to practice?
Will: Yes. I'm the leper.
Addie:  Awww! I want to be the leper.
Will: No. You can't be the leper. I am the leper.
Addie: It's not fair. Aren't there 10 lepers? Why can't I be a leper, too?
Will: No. There is just one leper.
Addie: Ooooo! Oooo! I want to be Jesus. Can I be Jesus?
Will: Jesus isn't in this story. Just the leper. (FYI: The skit was about Naman - an OT Bible story.)
Addie: Awww, man. I never get to be the leper.

This is how I know that my children are pastor's kids.
Next week, it could be a fight over who gets to be Job breaking out in boils.
Don't worry, I'll make sure Addie gets his chance being a Biblical character
with an infectious disease....that's just the kind of mom I am.

No comments: