Monday, March 24, 2014

because He loves us so much

It is so very easy to get caught up in the cares of this world.
Because there are so many things in this life that we truly care about.
I am caring about a lot of things right now.
It is hard not to worry about my kids and how they are doing emotionally
physically and spiritually,
or about my growing pile of bills
or about the family that I heard about that is grieving the loss of a grandpa
or about my inability to find time to actually sit down with Scott and process life
or about locating helpers for our kids ministry
or about  my friends who I love with all my heart who are doing all they can
to live their very best lives in an imperfect, not fair, crazy world
or about my parents who live far away but who I wish lived close so that I
could be a part of their lives more often
or about this latest writing project with its looming deadline
or about the Convoy of Hope project to get clean water because, for Pete's sake,
half the world is just struggling to get a drink, let alone worry about anything else
or...well...you probably don't need to hear more about my cares...
because you have your own set that have you nearly flattened to the floor.
But I was listening to this song based on Psalm 18:2
And it has been reminding me of the One who really cares
and has the ability to do something about all of our cares.
The thing is that I forget that Jesus cares about what I care about.
He cares about what you care about.
He can carry these heavy cares for us. If we let Him.
And He wants to. Because He loves us so much.
Because He is our shield.
Our strength.
Our portion.
Our deliverer.
Our shelter.
Our very present help in time of need.
He is the hero in the story of our daily lives.
He rides in with his strong love and his buoyant hope and grabs us up in his arms
and reminds us one more time that we are not alone.
He never intended us to be.
And that is the truth that we (and all of our many cares) can rest in.

2 comments:

Shane Couch said...

I copied some of this in my journal today. Thanks for the encouragemnt.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this. I needed to be reminded that God is my help, my shield, and my strength. Love ya!