Friday, March 6, 2015

just in case you have some troubles

Yesterday our 2002 Honda Odyssey decided to take a break.
From us.
100 miles from home.
Luckily, there was a repair shop close by and we were with family.
I texted Scott who was back in the bay area, "Call me now! Car emergency!"
When he called he requested that I define "car emergency" in my texts.
Like "Car Repair Emergency." That way he knows we are all alive.
So we are back home.
And our van is still in Davis.
Hopefully, the repair shop will call and say,
"False alarm. It is totally normal for a car to buck like a bronco on the freeway.
You just need more air freshener...because your car stinks...did something die in there?"
I had a mini break down on the way home.
Mostly because I am scared of what the repair guy is going to say when he calls.
I threw up some prayers looking out the passenger window like,
"Okay, Jesus, how are you at healing engines?"
and
"Do you know of a car fairy who could drop off a new smell free car at our house
before we get back home?"
I get so worried about how we are going to work everything out.
The daily struggles of life can weigh me down.
BUT...I don't want to get pulled down in the muck of anxiety that
keeps me stressed and fearful.
So I am trying to look up.
To the One who is not worried at all.
I told my Mom and Dad this morning,
"I couldn't have broken down in a better place! With better people!
Thank goodness I wasn't traveling by myself. I was safe. The kids were safe."
The One who is not worried at all was already taking care of us.
And this morning I read this verse,
"The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles."
All their troubles.
Not some of their troubles. Or half of their troubles.
All their troubles. That would include van troubles.
He must be pretty amazing to be able to shoulder ALL of our troubles, don't you think?
So I am keeping my focus on him today and the promise of his deliverance.
If you have some troubles, feel free to join me.


3 comments:

Kendra said...

Loved this!! Thanks for the picture so I can pin it. =)

susanna said...

Kendra! You are my inspiration for my pictures on my blog! I want you to be able to pin them all! :)

Kendra said...

That would be awesomely fantastic!! I was so sorry to read y'all got hit with the flu and the science fair at the same time. Honestly, I'm sorry you got hit with either one at all. Blech to both!