Saturday, February 9, 2019

i am not dead...just teaching middle school...and other big Aughtmon news

























So.
It has been about 5 months since my last post.
Yep.
Being homeroom teacher for 25 6th graders has seemed to edge out my blogging time....
just a smidge.

But I wanted to make sure that you all know that I am still alive and kicking.
And that in this season of learning and growing and navigating a new teaching gig,
that the Aughtmon crew is in the midst of a ginormous transition.

In the way that Jesus does, He has us embarking on a new path.
After much prayer and pow-wowing with our church in these last few months,
Scott and our leadership team have determined that Pathway will be coming to end
in June.

After 14 years of loving and teaching and stretching and being together,
this season is coming to an end. Over the next 5 months, we will be
launching our church family into finding new church homes.

And now I am crying into my keyboard. Because we all love each other like crazy.
When Scott announced it to the church in December, we all had a good bawl together.
You can know that this group of people are THE BEST!
So we will be having a party to celebrate all that God has done in and through these folks
for our last gathering. I am sure there will be lots of tears mixed in with the joy.

As for our family, we are being launched into a new season of....
not quite knowing what is next.
It is funny how we can think that we know who we are and what we are and
where we are going and then realize how amazingly little we know about almost everything.

But here is what I do know. Jesus knows.
He knows our next steps and our straightest path.
He knows that I like to have a plan and I get a tad anxious with THE UNKNOWN.
He knows that want my boys to feel safe and loved during this shift.
He knows that I want Scott to feel supported and encouraged during this transition.

(Let's be honest. Scott is doing almost all the supporting and encouraging right now.
Because that is who he is! I am mostly eating a lot of chocolate.)

You may be thinking, "Sue, aren't you freaking out?"
OF COURSE I AM.

I have a Ph.D. in Freak-out-ology.

But with these past two years of my transition to teaching,
working as an project editor instead of a writer,
moving from our beloved home of 11 years to a tiny house,
moving from the tiny house to a city 40 minutes away from family and friend,
and getting ready to send Jack off to college this fall...
I am thinking....I am tired of freaking out.

So I am moving towards a place of faith. Of believing what I can't see.
Of reaching out to my people in my dark moments and asking for prayer
when I can't sleep or have heart palpitations or get lost in worrisome thoughts.
Of leaning into Scott and his love for me while we wrestle with next steps.
Of encouraging my boys to know that if we trust Jesus, He will make our paths straight.

Jesus always does.
He always brings light and clarity and hope.
(Usually way later than I am hoping for...I tend to get impatient.)

So I wanted you all in on the journey with me. Because, you are my people, too.
In these last 10 years of blogging (10 YEARS, YOU GUYS!!!)
your words of  encouragement,
the sense of solidarity your sisterhood (and brotherhood...come on, I know you guys read, too)
has lent me,
and companionship you have offered me on this crazy life journey...
have been both monumental and instrumental in my own life.

I think YOU ARE THE BEST!

So I will keep you posted about what is coming next.
As soon as Jesus tells me....



4 comments:

treebottom said...

Prayer support turned up. Excited for you all

drmom said...

Ahhhhhh. The not knowing is so challenging! Praying for God's perfect peace.

Diwakar said...

Hello Susanna. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in missions. It was moving experience going through your blog post. Be assured of my prayers from the other part of the world. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. WE reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grown up kids who are in their late teens and above. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

Curator said...

I recommend and request you to blog frequently ;)