Monday, May 24, 2010

an antidote for the nerves when you are paying the bills

I'm doing bills this morning.
They make me pensive and put me a bit on edge, like fingernails on a chalkboard.
While filing my bills, I came across this list in my file folder and it perked me right up.
A list of things that I love.
It put my thoughts in a different place.
Made me remember why I love life so much.
I thought you might need to read it and think up your own list....in case you are doing the bills this morning, too.
My list....
the ocean
clean rooms
the smell of vanilla
white towels
old fashioned fans whirring in the summer heat
space
new blooms on the rose bush
thick books
hot cups of tea
giving presents
small hands on my face
holding hands
bird houses
sleeping in
tomatoes warm off the vine
hearing my kids singing songs they made up
reading magazines
snuggling under a blanket on the couch
warm sand between my toes
being still
running fast (this last about 12 seconds but it's still fun)
peace
new paint
happy endings
homemade strawberry freezer jam
talking and laughing with Scott
vacation
sara groves songs
smooth by santanna
going to the park with Addison (what I'm going to do as soon as I get done with bills)
What is your list?

post signature

4 comments:

Angel said...

How fun!! I absolutely hate paying bills and this would definitely make it better!! Love and Blessings

Andrea said...

I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
andrea

Girly Muse said...

i love:
sleep
sunshine
the ocean
dearest friends
laughing with my son
spending the day at barnes & noble with my daughter
going on a movie date with my husband
or a dinner date
or a park date
or any kind of date...
etc.
:)

Nina said...

Ooooh, you know what else is fun? Writing a "What my kid loves" list. Sometimes when I am in traffic or another un-fun situation where I need to pass the time, I will make the list in my head. It makes me smile to think of all the little things they love!

Zeke loves:
being chased
opening lids - any kind of lid
eating!
playing hide
opening and closing cupboards
hiding things in the trashcan
splashing

Ella loves:
macaroni and cheese
singing...loudly
waking her brother from nap
helping put her brother to sleep
going to Home Depot with Daddy
Daddy's stories
movie nights

See, isn't it fun?!
playing in the sink