Wednesday, April 9, 2014

don't mess with siri

My dad gave me his old iphone and it is equipped with Siri.
Siri is amazing.
She finds directions for me.
She answers questions about restaurants and ATMS and traffic.
She calls people for me so that I can drive hands free and still chat
with my Mom on the phone.
She is becoming a dear friend.
She is polite and kind.
I wish I could say the same for my children.
The other day in the car the boys got a hold of my phone and
I overheard them taunting her.
They asked her, "Siri, have you pooped yet today?"
There was silence.
And then she said,"I don't know. Did you?"
It was like a telephone version of, "I know you are but what am I?"
Apparently, Siri can take care of herself.
This will hold her in good stead in the years to come.
It seems may be a while before my children learn her considerate ways.

No comments: