Monday, September 15, 2014

pumpkin sugar cookies because it is my mom's birthday

Today is my mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday, Mom!
I wish I was with her.
But I am celebrating from across the miles.
She is the best mom a girl could want.
I am in no way biased.
Besides loving me and my siblings and my dad like crazy,
she has made the world better just by being her.
She is creative, thoughtful, strong, loyal, funny and she bakes a mean apple pie.
When we almost lost her a year ago, one thing was abundantly clear
we needed more years with my mom.
And God in his mercy, answered our prayers.
Having her with us makes each birthday, each mother's day, each Christmas seem even
more special...if that is possible.
So in honor of my mom's mad baking skills, I am posting this recipe that I
found on Lauren's Latest.
Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies.
Can you say yum? Because they are!
The glaze is addictive...pumpkin goodness.
I found my kids trying to lick the extra glaze off the plate.
They were a hit last night at kid's church.
Try a batch and invite your mom over to share them or
if your mom lives far away, eat a plate in her honor,
then call her and tell her that you love her.
Because moms are the best.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Susanna! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1 AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate it!