Monday, October 12, 2015

sorry, jack...no quinceanera for you


























Birthdays are a big deal in our house.
As soon as my boys have their birthday, they are already planning for next year.
Jack told me yesterday,
"Mom, this next year is a big year. 15. You better start planning for my quinceanera."
I told him, "You are not a Latina girl. You don't get a quinceanera."
He answered, "I feel like a Latina girl."
"Is that because you want a huge party and a DJ?"
"Yes."
"You would have to wear a very poofy dress."
"Done."
"Sorry, buddy. It's not happening."
"Alright....then maybe we should start planning for my Sweet Sixteen."
"You don't get one of those either."
"Darn."
We may need to come up with a I'm-A-Big-Boy-Now party idea....
Fun Fifteen? Strong Sixteen? A See-My-New-Mustache Soiree?
Whatever we do...it will be good.
No poofy dresses required.

4 comments:

Lindsey Smallwood said...

Please please invite me to his see my new mustache soiree. Hahahahaha. Too funny. :)

Lindsey Smallwood said...

Please please invite me to his see my new mustache soiree. Hahahahaha. Too funny. :)

Kim Hill said...

Well, there's always conversion and a late Bar Mitzvah. How's his Hebrew? 😉 Or you could have "a Get Off The Road Look Who's 16" party...

susanna said...

Linsdey, you are definitely invited!!! Kim...I am not sure Jack is up for the memorization required of a Bar Mitzvah....and I will be getting off of the road when he turns 16!!!!
:)