Tuesday, March 18, 2008

praise report

So Friday night, I went out. Without anyone in tow.
Which is a small celebration in and of itself.
Leaving the house without children is a powerful experience.
I faintly remember what doing life without sippy cups and
potty drama was like. Very faintly.
In fact, I don't have to go anywhere exciting to actually
be EXCITED to get out on my own.
My sister-in-law, Cheri and I routinely call each other on
our cell phones around 8:00 in the evening.
"I'm going to Trader Joe's....can you come?"
or
"Target in 15 minutes....meet you at the Starbucks in the front."
This excitement of the shopping without kids almost throws us
into a frenzy of excitement.
A sense of euphoria and elation fills us at the thought
of shopping without having to argue that scooby doo gummy snacks
with 1 drop of fruit juice concentrate per gummy are actual fruit.
Life at its fullest.
Soooooo.....you can imagine my absolute joy at actually
going out with girl friends Paula, Emily, Lindsey and Pamela
for dessert at the Cheesecake Factory....
this is almost too much goodness in one evening.
We spent the evening sipping rich decaf and laughing very hard!
There is nothing better....
Except when the dessert arrived...that was lovely.
Oh and the fact that a hair miracle was performed right there
amidst the coffee and chocolate.
There was some jumping and screaming and hugging that took place
because Lindsey and Pamela brought me Frederick Fekkai's
Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner.

And if you saw my bang picture, you know that what I truly need
is some restoration.
This shampoo is as precious to me as fine gold.
And I'm not going to lie.
Happy tears of joy welled up in my eyes at the lovely magic shampoo.
TEARS. OF. JOY. I firmly believe that Jesus used the Hawley family
to minister to my heart and hair with some sassy beauty product.
It is love in a bottle. And for that I am grateful.
And so is Scott.
There has been a lot of beauty damage control
going on these last few weeks.
It seems that marital and bang healing is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

I completely understand.

Lindsey said...

Going anywhere without children is LIBERATING, I tell ya! I feel all free for a fleeting period of time! Don't you just love friends? What blessings!